After a pair of intense semi-final games last weekend only four teams remain on the road to the National Lacrosse League Cup.
Both division finals are shaping up to be exciting showdowns with the success of the eventual East and West champion possibly coming down to a single difference maker. I had lacrosse insider Teddy Jenner join me to discuss who we thought would be an “X-Factor” for each club.
Audio is below.
Regular Season Record: 10-8 (2nd in East)
Last Week: 15-11 win over Black Wolves in Division Semi-Final
“X-Factor”: Jake Withers
- As a rookie he led the league in faceoff victories at 66.9%
- 5th in the NLL for total loose balls (148)
Regular Season Record: 11-7 (1st in East)
Last Week: Bye
“X-Factor”: Jesse King
- Tied for 3rd in points (69) on a loaded Swarm offense and set a career high in goals (28)
- Aggressive forecheck creates turnovers and loose ball collection
Regular Season Record: 8-10 (3rd in West)
Last Week: 15-12 win over Mammoth in Division Semi-Final
“X-Factor”: Christian Del Bianco
- First in goals against average (10.50) and save percentage (.793) among starting NLL goaltenders
- 17-assists during the regular season
Regular Season Record: 14-4 (1st in West)
Last Week: Bye
“X-Factor”: Matthew Dinsdale
- Career year for points with 45
- 39 loose balls in the offensive zone
Tweet me who you think the “X-Factors” will be this weekend @AndyMc81
Andy McNamara has been a play-by-play commentator for the NLL on TSN, NLLTV.com, and world lacrosse tournaments since 2011. He’s also a sport talk host and anchor on TSN 1050 sports radio. Follow Andy on twitter @AndyMc81.