* The Wings face the Rochester Knighthawks this Saturday,
February 8 at the First Union Center. Game time is 8 p.m.
* This weekend the Wings host the hottest singles party in
town with special guest Helene from the ABC show "The Bachelor". Helene will host a pre-game singles party in Holt's and take the ceremonial face-off pre-game. Tickets to the pre-game bash are $20 and include game tickets, half price beer, and a meet and greet with Helene. For tickets logon to phillysinglesconnection.com.
* Six lucky women will win the opportunity to attend the Wings Bachelorette Party. Women can register in Red Bell Brewery prior to Saturday's game and the winner's will be announced during the game. The winners will be invited to dinner with six single Wings players on Friday, March 7.
* The Wings Drew Candy and Andrew Guindon will be featured in a poster handed out to the first 2,500 women at Saturday's game against the Knighthawks. The limited edition poster features both single defensemen shirtless.
* Defenseman Paul Cantabene comes into this weekend's game as the Wings leading scorer with 19 points (9G, 10A). antabene was acquired from the former Washington Power (now Colorado Mammoth) in a trade in September 2002.
* The Knighthawks are coming off a 14-13 double-overtime win over the Albany Attack on Sunday. The win places the Knighthawks in third place in the NLL's Central Division with a 4-2 record. Leading scorers for Rochester are John Grant with 39 points (16G, 23A), Shawn Williams with 31 points (11G, 20A), and Cory Bomberry with 29 points (12G, 17A).
RECAPPING THE WINGS
The Wings were defeated by the defending NLL Champion Toronto Rock this Saturday, February 1 by a score of 13-9 at the First Union Center. Leading scorers for the Wings were Tom Marechek with four points (2G, 2A), Tom Ryan with three points (2G, 1A), Paul Cantabene with three points (1G, 2A), and Keith Cromwell with three points (3A), Andrew Guindon with two points (1G, 1A), and Tony Henderson, Bryan Barrett and Jeff Spano all with one goal.
BROAD ST. BASH CONTINUES
The Wings all-new Broad Street Bash at the First Union Center will open prior to this Saturday's home game at 6:30 p.m.. The inaugural Bash will feature live music from the group Tripp Fabulous, interactive games, concessions, and more! Doors open at 6:30. The Broad Street Bash will take place on the First Union Center concourse prior to every Wings home game.
LET THE MADNESS BEGIN
The Wings will offer a Matinee Madness package this season that includes both matinee (1 p.m.) home games on Saturday, February 22 and Saturday, March 8. The Matinee Madness package includes four mezzanine level tickets to each game and two Dallas Eliuk bobblehead doll coupons for the February 22nd game. Matinee Madness packages are just $100!
* Paul Cantabene leads the Wings in scoring with 19 points
* Defenseman Paul Cantabene leads the team in goal scoring
* The Wings are 1-3 going into Thursday's game against the Storm and hold third place in the NLL's Eastern Division behind the Storm and the Colorado Mammoth.
* Sixth-year forward Jake Bergey will miss the 2003 season
after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee in an exhibition game against Colorado at the Pepsi Center on December 6. Bergey underwent surgery last month and will continue rehab throughout the season.
Season tickets are still available for the Wings' 2003 home season by calling 215-389-WINGS. Individual tickets are $27, $23, and $18 in advance ($29, $25, and $20 on game day) and are available at Ticketmaster locations throughout the Delaware Valley by calling (215) 336-2000 or (856) 338-9000 or on the web at www.ticketmaster.com.