The Wings head into the second-half of the regular season with four straight Saturday home games in March. A March Madness ticket package featuring the "Final Four" games against the Columbus Landsharks on Saturday, March 1 at 8 p.m., the New York Saints on Saturday, March 8 at 1 p.m., the Buffalo Bandits on Saturday, March 15 at 8 p.m., and the Calgary Roughnecks on Saturday, March 22 at 8 p.m., is now on-sale. March Madness packages start as low as $60 and can be purchased by calling 215-389-WINGS (9464).
RECAPPING THE WINGS
The Wings (3-5) defeated the New Jersey Storm on Saturday by a score of 16-14 at the First Union Center in week nine of NLL action. Leading scorers were Tom Marechek with eight points (5G, 3A), Tony Henderson with five points (4G, 1A), Jeff Ratcliffe with five points (2G, 3A), Dan Marohl with five points (2G, 3A), Jeff Spano with two points (1G, 1A), and Tom Ryan with two points (1G, 1A), and Peter Jacobs with one goal.
The Wings hold second place in the NLL's Eastern Division behind the Colorado Mammoth (4-5).
* Leading scorers for the Wings through six games are Tom Marechek with 40 points (18G, 22A), Jeff Ratcliffe with 25 points (14G, 11A), Paul Cantabene with 25 points (12G, 13A), and Tony Henderson with 23 points (16G, 7A).
* Forward Tom Marechek leads the team in goal scoring (18).
* Sixth-year forward Jake Bergey will miss the 2003 season after suffering a torn ACL in his left knee in an exhibition game against Colorado at the Pepsi Center on December 6. Bergey underwent surgery last month and will continue rehab throughout the season.
SWIMMING WITH SHARKS
The Wings prepare to face the Columbus Landsharks with a visit to the New Jersey Aquarium this Thursday, February 27 at 11:30 a.m. Wings players Drew Candy, Andrew Guindon, Andrew Martin, and Nick Schroeder will interact with the sharks at the shark pool then watch as divers in the Aquarium's dive show make their daily dive in Wings jerseys.
MARTIN VS. MARTIN
Wings defenseman Andrew Martin will his face his younger brother Spencer Martin when the Wings play the Landsharks this Saturday. Spencer, a forward for the Landsharks, has recorded five points (1G, 4A) this season. This will be the second time the Martin brothers have faced each other from opposite sides of the field in an NLL game. Last season the two brothers met when the Landsharks defeated the Wings on February 23, 2002 in a 15-14 overtime game.
* Rich Brzeski can be heard on WNJC on Tuesday, February 25 at 5:30 p.m.
* Vinnie the Crum will interview Andrew Martin on Wednesday, February 26th at 7:30 a.m. on WMMR.
* Jeff Spano will be Matt and Huggy's guest on WYSP on Wednesday, February 26 in the 8 p.m. hour.
* Dallas Eliuk can be heard on Y100's Morning show on Wednesday, February 26th at 9 a.m.
*Appearance and interview times subject to change.
Yesterday's Philadelphia Inquirer magazine section profiled injured Wings' forward Jake Bergey's December 28 wedding to Heather Henry. The article features a wedding picture of Jake and his new bride that shows the cane that he used to make his walk down the aisle. Said Bergey of his proposal to Heather, "Nobody had to knock me on the head and say 'It's time' - I knew."
Season tickets are still available for the Wings' 2003 home season by calling 215-389-WINGS. Individual tickets are $27, $23, and $18 in advance ($29, $25, and $20 on game day) and are available at Ticketmaster locations throughout the Delaware Valley by calling (215) 336-2000 or (856) 338-9000 or on the web at www.ticketmaster.com.