NLL x ALTERNA SAVINGS CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
HOW TO ENTER THE NLL x ALTERNA SAVINGS CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”)
- This Contest is sponsored by National Lacrosse League, Inc. (“NLL”) and Alterna Savings and Credit Union Limited (“Alterna Savings”) (together, the “Contest Sponsors”).
- There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
- online at https://www.nll.com/22-23-alterna-sweepstakes/, by clicking the “ENTER HERE” link. Enter all required information and you will automatically qualify for a chance to win; OR
- engage in a free, 15-minute video or in-person meeting with an Alterna branch advisor, after which you will automatically qualify for a chance to win.
- The contest commences on January 3, 2023 at 09:00 AM EST.
- To be eligible, entries must be received by February 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST, the “Contest closing date”.
- Only one entry allowed per person.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest or to win a prize.
- There will be one (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) awarded, consisting of a trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, Nevada for a Las Vegas Desert Dogs (“Desert Dogs”) game during its inaugural season.
- The Grand Prize consists of:
- Two (2) round trip economy class tickets from Toronto or Ottawa airports to McCarran International Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada;
- Transportation to and from McCarran International Airport and the scheduled hotel
- Two (2) night’s accommodation at the Mandalay Bay Resort or Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas, determined at the discretion of the NLL, consisting of one room with two double beds.
- Two (2) tickets to a regular season Desert Dogs game in February, March or April, within the reasonable discretion of Contest Sponsors; and
- A VIP experience at the Desert Dogs game, to be determined by the Contest Sponsors in its sole discretion.
- Approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Can $3,150.
- There will be one (1) runner-up prize (“Runner-up Prize”) awarded, consisting of two (2) tickets to a Toronto Rock regular season game of the recipient’s choice and an NLL and Alterna Savings merchandise package which could include two (2) Alterna Savings lacrosse scarves, two (2) Alterna Savings cowbells, one (1) Toronto Rock jersey, and two (2) Alterna Savings fanny packs.
- The approximate retail value of the Runner-up Prize is Can $600.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZE AWARD
- One winner for the Grand Prize and one winner for the Runner-up Prize (“Winners”) will be chosen by a random computer generated draw from all eligible Contest entries received before the Contest closing date (“Prize Draw”).
- The Prize Draw will be held on February 15, 2023 at 12:00 PM EST.
- Winners will be contacted by email as set out on the entry.
- At least three attempts will be made to contact Winners on different days. If the selected entrant cannot be reached by February 18, 2023 or if, for any reason, the applicable prize cannot be awarded, another contest entry will be randomly drawn on and given three days to claim the applicable Prize and so on, until the applicable Prize has been awarded. The odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Before being declared the confirmed a Contest Winner, the selected entrant must:
- correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and
- sign and return within five (5) business days of notification the Contest Sponsors’ declaration and release form, which (among other things):
- confirms compliance with these Rules;
- acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize as awarded;
- releases the Contest Sponsors and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable Prize or any portion thereof (by the date indicated on the release form) including, without limitation, any travel related thereto; and
- agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address (city only), voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- If a selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or cannot or is, for any reason unable to, accept the applicable Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable Prize) and the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
- The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be either of the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence or have the express written consent (in form and substance satisfactory to the Contest Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion) to accompany the confirmed winner on the Grand Prize trip.
- The Grand Prize winner and Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must each sign (or have the travel companion’s parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) and return the Contest Sponsors’ declaration and release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).
- The Grand Prize winner and travel companion must have valid travel documents prior to departure or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Winner and travel companion are solely responsible for obtaining and/or renewing travel documents in order to travel. The Contest Sponsors assume no liability for ensuring winner and/or companion are eligible/able to travel. Certain restrictions may apply to air travel, and air travel reservations are subject to availability. Air carrier’s regulations and conditions apply.
- Hotel accommodations are for a maximum of two (2) guests in one (1) room for two (2) nights only. (NOTE: winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in winner’s name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses). Hotel will be determined at the discretion of the NLL at either the Mandalay Resort Bay or Luxor Hotel, in Las Vegas.
- The Grand Prize winner and their companion must travel on the same itinerary. The cost of travel by the winner and any companion to and from the winner’s and companion’s residences and the point of departure is solely the responsibility of the winner. All expenses other than those specifically referred to above, including but not limited to meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, travel and health insurance, excess baggage fees, communications charges, and all other incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and their companion.
- No changes will be permitted to travel dates or passenger names once the travel portion of Grand Prize has been booked.
- We reserve the right to designate all transportation particulars and routes. All travel related to the Grand Prize must be completed by April 30, 2023.
- The Grand Prize and Runner-up Prize will only be awarded to an eligible entrant whose verifiable full name and valid e-mail address appears on the Contest entry.
- The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for either prize.
- The Contest Sponsors respect the privacy of each individual with whom they come into contact, either as a visitor to this website or as an entrant into the Contest.
- By entering your personal information, Contest entrants consent to receive email communications from the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of managing and administering the Contest, the awarding of the prizes and as otherwise be related to, or necessary for, the prizes.
- By entering, entrants agree to abide by the Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsors which are final.
- Each eligible participant can enter the Contest only once and any violation or attempted violation of this condition shall result in automatic disqualification. Entrants may only use one (1) email address to enter. Entries made using multiple email addresses or generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and are subject to disqualification at the Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, contain content that is, or could be considered to be, a violation of privacy or intellectual property rights, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Rules are void. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry. Any violation or attempted violation of any applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and/or industry standards shall result in immediate disqualification from the Contest. Standard data rates apply to entrants who decide to participate in the Contest via a mobile device, please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- By accepting a prize, the prize winner agrees to hold the Contest Sponsors and the independent contest organization and their respective agencies, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else involved in the development, production or handling of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out acceptance or use of the prize including, but not limited to, travel-related injuries and/or death. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, whatsoever and howsoever arising, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the applicable prize.
- To enter and be eligible to win, an entrant must be a resident of Ontario who has reached the age of majority in Ontario on or before January 3, 2023 and who is not an employee of the Contest Sponsors or anyone in an employee of the Contest Sponsors’ household.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for Contest irregularities including printing or typographical errors, lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries or for any software malfunctions of any kind or unavailable network, failed or incorrect communications caused by the sender or the equipment or programming.
- The winner and their travel companion are also responsible for all travel expenses and documents, including any and all expenses not indicated in the Grand Prize or Runner-up Prize.
- In the event that the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion wish to extend their travel, they may do so at their own expense.
- The prizes cannot be converted into cash, exchanged or transferred to a third party. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for meals, snacks, alcohol, souvenirs, NLL merchandise, transfers, or transportation, other than as explicitly specified in the applicable prize description.
- The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to terminate or withdraw this Contest at any time, for any reason whatsoever. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to amend or modify these Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the respective Contest Sponsors. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Contest Sponsors’ intellectual property without the express written consent of the relevant Contest Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws applicable therein, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Contest Sponsors, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario. Contest is void where prohibited.
- A participant, by submitting any entry for this Contest (whether such participant is an eligible participant or is disqualified) agrees that: any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to direct out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event lawyers’ fees; and all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, multiple damages and any other damages, other than direct out-of-pocket expenses, are hereby irrevocably waived.